well- i have had an epiphany... (or whatever that thing is called when you suddenly realize something)
i have been feeling so down in the dumps lately- and i know alot of it really stems with the fact that i am NOT happy myself physically. I always have lots of lovely dreamy reasons why NOT to work out- usually i am pregnant, or trying to get pregnant, or right now it is nursing, recently i convinced myself that my "sleeping situation" is why i can't work out in the morning, (what if the baby woke up and fell off the bed? so i told myself to work out at night... well, when would i ever have time to make my tutu's and bows? i can't do it during the day- i have other responsibilities. so hmmmmmmm the delima........... well- my fabulous friend with fabulous wisdom, has reminded me of about a ZILLION things. and now i decided i need to just stop whining and get with the program.... but what program? everytime i see the infomertials of the latest fitness thing, or a diet pill, i am SOOO tempted... but i never commit.
So now, i have this knowledge. Now i want to be more healthy. Now, i have a treadmill staring at me, giving me evil eyes... Now, i have this desire to be attractive to my husband. Now, i feel totally guilty for NOT working yet. Now, i realize i throw myself into my crafts so i have a GREAT excuse to NOT take care of myself.... My b-day is friday, and i really am getting depressed. I just wish i looked different. and felt more energy. and i have a small-ish secret- John and i decided to start trying to have another baby- so i can just SEE myself using that as the new excuse... you know the.. "I-Am-going-to-get-fat-anyway-so-what-is-the-point"
so...now, what is your opinion/advice?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm feeling your pain, Annie! I've been not working out because of the kids, because i'm too busy, because I'm now working 8 hours a day and I'm ready to pass out at 7 p.m. I have a LONG list of reasons. I just never get it done. I have a wedding coming up that I'm in and I'm the biggest girl in the wedding and my dress costs more because of it. It sucks! *HUGS*
Good luck with the baby making! I'm going to be looking into that myself soon. :)
Annie - First of all, you are SO beautiful! Every time I see pictures of you, I think you are so dang cute! So, just know, that YOU are the hardest one on YOURSELF! The rest of the world sees you as pretty and amazing. :) Now - second of all, it is SO easy to fall into the trap of not exercising because life is so busy. I think the best way to get into the habit of exercising is to start small. Don't try to eat an elephant...just try to nibble his toe. (ha ha! Like my analogy!) If you have a treadmill at your home, feel blessed that you do, and start using it for just 10 minutes a day! That will go by so fast that soon you will start to think, "Huh - I think I'll do 15 minutes a day." As time goes on, you will start to recognize how GOOD you feel - mentally - when you do it and you will start to have more ENERGY also, so after a while, your body and mind will CRAVE it! The best thing to do, if you are trying to get going in an exercise routine is to WRITE down your goals and put them in a place where you will see it often. The important thing is, when writing your goals, is to make them reasonable! For example: Simply write something like, "I will walk on my treadmill monday through friday for 20 minutes". That is reasonable and will motivate you. If you write down all sorts of goals, it may feel overwhelming and end up only discouraging you. Know what I mean? Anyway, I promise - if you start working out - even a little bit - you will feel so much better in so many ways! Good luck girl! Be happy with yourself and realize just how beautiful you are!
aww thanks for the good comments guys!!!!!
i am off to write my list of goals!
Write mine while you are at it! ;)
Post a Comment